Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Snowed In....

     Just when I thought the ground-hog might be right & spring was in the air (we actually walked outside to lunch with friends the other day & I bought a spring dress) we get slammed with snow!! I'm talking 8-10 inches of snow and it's still falling down outside! Ugh!!

  Now I'm not sure if every kid is like this or not, but Ella LOVES to go places! She loves looking at people, things and exploring new ground! Even just a quick trip to the post office makes this kid happy!! It breaks up our day & changes our scenery!  We pretty much go out on a daily basis, or have friends over to play!! Because when we spend all day at home- we both get pretty cranky and stir crazy! Which is why we plan an outing a day :)  However this is day 2 of being home all day and I'm pretty sure we are both about to go crazy! So to "get out of the house" (after strict instructions not to drive anywhere from the hubby) I decided to bundle Ella up and let her explore the snow now that she can walk!  What a hoot! She was very uncertain at first and didn't seem to realize what the snow was! Eventually she decided she would walk around in it, touch it, & eat it, until she fell into a huge pile of snow ending our snow day "outing" in tears!



Is awe of the snow

Snow girls!! 

Ready to PLAY


What is this stuff?! Let me just touch it real quick....

It's all over the ground mom- how are we supposed to go anywhere? 

      I had to pull out the big guns after the outing & tears!! Ella received graham crackers & I turned on Sesame Street (it's educational and we've only watch 2 episodes her whole life)! What a treat! After 10 whole minutes of watching (Ella is not a TV kid) we moved upstairs to jumping in her old play gym, taking out all our clothes from the dresser, pull out all the construction paper, and run around like fools!! 

It's ELMO

She's a fan of Elmo, not an hour long TV program! 

Jump-jump-jump

Now what? It's empty....

If only she'd give me some markers..... I could do so much with those! 


         As for the paleo update-  my husband almost lost it yesterday at work when a big box of doughnuts found it's way to his work station, but he stayed strong! GO hubby! His friends even wrote "caveman approved" on them to see what kind of reaction they would get! I too find it difficult to not crave something sweet after dinner & eat carb loaded snacks before bed!  But we are staying strong! We took our crock pot chicken and made beautiful salads last night with almonds, sunflower seeds, asparagus, & carrots.  It was awesome! I desperately need to get to the grocery store though- paleo requires a lot of planning and having food on hand! Something I am lacking! This snow is making it very difficult though! :(  So tomorrow I have hopes to hit up Trader Joes, Aldi and Whole Foods!  I plan to make my own homemade Larabars later this week!   And thankfully it's my great friends birthday Friday so I get to bake a yummy cake & celebrate with her!! Plus my "cheat meal" is going to be spent shoving my mouth full of sushi with the birthday girls!!  Did I mention we get to cheat once a week?!  I don't think we'd survive otherwise! However- in the few days we've been doing this I must admit I feel "better," more energized & less "gross" before going to bed! Time will continue to tell! Tonight it's salmon, roasted veggies & oven baked sweet potato "fries" for dinner! Can't wait! 



If you don't hear from me in a few days...send help, we've been buried alive by the snow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment