Monday, March 4, 2013

Back to Blogging



Staying warm in the snow.... Brrrr

My little snow bunny & coffee addict :) 


It's Monday Fun-day at the Kirkand household!! We have be privileged to be able to watch one of our friends daughters B on Monday's while she returns back to work! Disney radio is playing, I've got two babies to snuggle, a chicken is cooking in the crock-pot & it's snowing 4-10 inches outside!! (Broad range right....I guess it's so they aren't wrong either way) What more could a girl want on Monday?!

Life has been busy-- the house building process is in FULL SWING! Some days I spend more time on the phone with people in Oklahoma than I do anywhere else! Which lights? Which granite? Which color? Whew!  But we are getting excited! They put lots of the trim & cabinets in this week! There are days I can't believe we are moving & building a house- wowza! This is going to be ours?! Awesome!


BIG Refrigerator going on there :)  HAPPY momma! 

Gonna need to fill those cabinets.... 

Stairs 

     Ella continues to be her hysterical & mischievous self! Running around, laughing, falling & getting into everything! She such a little monkey these days! She is very inquisitive and wants us to name everything she sees, she wants to touch & feel everything! It's SO fun to see her "explore" this world. Some days I feel like I see her little brain just working away trying to figure out how to take the lid off her water.  I can also tell she is going to be a little "tester" to see how much she can get away with! I found her in the living room after she'd climbed up into one of her toys about to stand up in it! She often looks at Jon or I as she's about to do or touch something she's not supposed to, with a smile on her face!  Little stinker for sure! 

Ball pit fun

What? I'm not supposed to climb up in here?! 

SOOO big

LOVE LOVE LOVE that smile! 

I'll feed myself thank you very much

My little monkey! 

YUM!! And YES she ate the whole thing :) 




         She loves playing with B- her Monday companion!  Together they pull out every toy- name every object they can & run around dancing to music! Best of friends! They share food, hold hands, and roll around in Ella's ball pit! Such a fun age they are!  


Fun at the mall

Holding hands

Let's eat

It's flashcard learning time!! How many more toys can we dump out?

  For the month of March we agreed to do a "paleo challenge" with our best friends from Chicago!  They are super into cross-fit and have changed the way they eat entirely! I was intrigued at their way of eating, and decided to challenge ourselves to a month of it!  At first I thought it would be really easy- fruits, veggies, meats & nuts.  All things we love to eat! All that's really lacking is wheat & dairy- how hard could that be?!  Boy was I wrong!  While it is fairly easy to meal plan & eat this way, I didn't realize how many processed foods I eat & cook with, how much Splenda I use (it's a no no too), and just how much I'd miss the things that were "gone."  I'll continue to update you about how these dietary changes effect the energy we have & the way we feel!! I'm hoping for positive results! 


So this weeks recipe is really easy & kind of cheating!  I'm roasting a chicken in the crock pot! But it's such an easy meal!  

Crock Pot Chicken:

1 Chicken
1 lemon
1 onion
2-4 cloves of fresh garlic
Herbs de provence

Take a fresh young free-range chicken, stuff it with lemons, onions & some fresh garlic.  Top with herbs de provence (or whatever seasoning you choose) & place into crock pot.  Turn on low for 6-8hours or high for 4-5 hours & your chicken is done!  EASY.  Once cooked you can do practically anything with it for a meal! Plus your house smells amazing while it's roasting away!! 







Thanks for reading! I'll blog again soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment