Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Melt in your Mouth Goodness for Wednesday


    Oh my goodness what have I done?!  This morning in honor of yet another birthday girl- I made a Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Cake! It is TO DYE FOR yummy!! And the best & most dangerous part is that is is SUPER easy and uses every day ingredients most people have in the house! Which means I can make this cake whenever I want it.... which is everyday! I made it this morning while feeding Ella breakfast and getting ready for our "breakfast party."  It's super quick to make and best served warm! My house still smells amazing at 2pm! Swoon! This might be my new favorite go to dessert! Tastes exactly like a cinnamon roll, but you don't have to let s rise like bread dough! Easy! Seriously- anyone can make this!  I got the recipe from www.sixsistersstuff.com- they have really amazing recipes!

*Again- sorry, I was in a rush and didn't do the "step by step" pictures....I'm just not that type of cook or picture taker! But as you can see- the end result is glorious!!


Seriously- AMAZING!! I wish you could smell it!! 

Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Cake  
Ingredients: 
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
4 T butter, melted
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 T flour
1 T cinnamon
2/3 cups nuts (optional)

Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
5 T milk
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:
With an electric mixer or stand-up mixer, mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Once combined well, slowly stir in 4 T melted butter. Pour batter into a greased 9x13" baking pan.
In a large bowl, mix the 2 sticks of softened butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nuts until well combined. Drop evenly over cake batter by the tablespoon and use a knife to marble/swirl through the cake. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out nearly clean from center. Place powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake. Serve warm (we like it straight out of the oven) or at room temperature.   (www.sixsistersstuff.com)


   Afterwards we had to teach Miss Ella how to brush her teeth with her new toothbrush! She was crazy about the cinnamon roll cake- begging my friends for bites of theirs and snatching if off the plates when no one was looking!! We also had to put her hair up in the "Pebbles" ponytail...it's getting so long & it's always in her face!!  And alas...she pulls all her bows off now! :(  Such a sad day for me! I will continue to keep trying in hopes she lets me again one day!





    I also wanted to share with you a little pintrest project B & Ella did on our Monday-funday with her!!  Yogurt finger painting! Such a great idea and the girls loved it!! Only problem is you can't really keep the artwork as it is painted with yogurt...but we took pictures of it!! 

Yogurt Finger paint:

1 Container vanilla or plain yogurt
Food safe food coloring in any colors you want

Place yogurt in separate small containers, add 1-2 drops of food coloring & mix until it is the color you want! Then let them go to town! 

We chose pastels/neons for Easter 

They look really excited right?! 

Little Picasso (and yes they did eat some--which is why I used Yogurt)

$50 and it's yours! 

Such a happy little delight Miss B is! 

Ella staring at B's artwork

Oh yes- she ate it too! (I must admit it was yummy vanilla yogurt)

Two peas in a pod these two are! 

   Yesterday Ella & I had a "Mommy-Daughter" date at the Mall of America! We hadn't been in a long time and thought it was a perfect day to go! She loved every minute of it and was so into looking at everything, pointing, talking and showing off all her tricks to new people we met! She loved Cinderella at the Disney store, built Lego's at Legoland and watched the roller coaster as it went "vroom-vroom" through the air! It was the perfect morning for both of us!  I loved watching her little eyes light up with wonder every time she saw something bright, colorful, or sparkly! 

Hiii Cinderella!! 

Mom- look is Cinderella...she's my favorite right now! 

I can and will destroy this tower! 

Just pull harder.... 

Ah ha- I got you tower! 

  Needless to say she napped very well for me that afternoon!  It has been a GREAT week for us! The house is getting closer & closer to being done every day! They started to put the stone up on the outside! The fireplace will be made out of the same stone!! 

To keep Miss Ella downstairs...she loves to climb stairs! 

STONE :)  










No comments:

Post a Comment