Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Oh What a Year it has Been....







 

        Oh what a year it has been for sure!!  Many moments of joy, tears, exhaustion, confusion, sadness, and excitement!  It's hard to believe we made it here!  Ella has brought such indescribable joy into our lives! And indescribable exhaustion! ;)  I guess that's what makes me a mom! All of those moments combined! And I loved every single one of them! Well maybe not those sleepless nights while they were happening, but I miss snuggling with her at night now.  The smile she gives me when I go get her in the morning is priceless! I love playing with her, reading to her and teaching her new things.  


      I remember going to the hospital last year, thinking we would be turned away for a "false alarm," only to have a bracelet slapped on my wrist while a nurse said "it's time to meet your baby." I remember waking mine & Jon's parents up to tell them the news.  My mom got up a 5am to catch a flight straight to Chicago and walked into the room 30 minutes before Miss Ella was born.  Miracle. Ella came into the world quickly & with ease, just like her personality! Jon's parents drove 12 hours straight to meet Miss Ella at approximately 5 hours old! Miracle.  My dad got to hold Miss Ella, feed her, rock her to sleep and "jiggle" her.  Such a miracle & something I will always remember.



     Today Ella and I had a fun day! We started our day with Ella's favorite breakfast (toast, blueberries & oranges) & a birthday balloon! Followed by a play-date with our friends J & S! Ella loves playing with other kids- just loves it! After trying out & chewing on all of S's toys... we went to Lund's bakery for lunch and to pick out a birthday cupcake! Ella picked the creepy clown... oh well it's her birthday cupcake! After a much needed nap, we opened presents from friends & family and played happily till Daddy got home!  We then took Ella to her favorite pizza place, Punch, and then finally home for her cupcake! Whew! I'm tired just reminiscing about our day! Ella was exhausted and happily, easily went to bed promptly at 7pm.



Blueberry Face

No I will NOT sit still for a photo

What is this thing? 

Birthday dress from Nana

I'm a BIG girl now

Feed me momma!! 

Clown Cupcake

Lunch at Lund's

Love this little girl: 

Oooh a gift

Pretty

I love new clothes! 

Ohh pretty bow! 

I think I'll wear it! 

Pizza dinner at Punch

Yummy! 

Oh this is GOOD

Really good! 

  Thanks & Goodnight!!





No comments:

Post a Comment