Thursday, February 7, 2013

Happy Birthday Dad

        After yesterday's amazing celebration, today is a much sadder day.  Today is my dad's first birthday & his first birthday since his death.  I'm sad I can't call him to wish him a "Happy Birthday" or to see what his big plans are!



     Last year he got all dressed up and went to PF Changs with my sister for dinner! (My mom was in Chicago with Ella & I)  He was in such high spirits that day and SO extremely proud to be a grandfather! He called everyone he knew to tell them the news..."Ella is here, I'm a papa now."  He sent flowers and candy every other day for a week to our doorstep in Chicago!  He loved Miss Ella so much! He helped give her baths, feed her, jiggle her, and always talked to her in the mornings. I'm SO incredibly grateful he was able to meet her and be a papa.

That's yummy stuff papa

Ella's first Easter

Playing

Playing with her frog


Papa giving Ella a bath, she still wasn't too found of them then. 

All clean after a bath! 



   I know that he is up in Heaven having a big cancer-free celebration today! I know that he is still with us and watches over Miss Ella!  Still not a day goes by that I don't miss him.  We love you dad! Can't wait to see you up in Heaven one day!



I got my blue eyes & red hair from him! 

Mexcio fun

Catching some rays

He loved her up until the VERY end.  Always saying such loving things to her. 

Christmas Eve 2011

Jeffrey Don Smith

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer,
    That was such a beautiful tribute to the man we all loved very much!! Thank you!!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete