Monday, January 28, 2013

Honey-Lime Chicken Enchilada's

  Happy Monday!! As promised- I am going to try to blog a new recipe once a week! So here it is- Honey Lime Chicken Enchilada's that we intend to have for dinner! YUM! Any suggestions for recipes would be appreciated too!

Must have my morning coffee.... this is getting out of hand Ella! 


    Let me first tell you that I am completely new to food blogging, therefore my pictures aren't that good & I forgot to take pictures of each step! Oops! Hopefully I will get better! I got this recipe from the Six Sisters blog (http://www.sixsistersstuff.com), which is an awesome blog with great recipes! Ive made 3 or 4 and we've liked every one of the

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas:


First I boiled 4 chicken breasts in boiling water for 15 minutes on high, then 10 minutes on medium heat until they were done. I then let them rest for 5 minutes & easily shredded the chicken with two forks! I'd never tried boiling chicken before and boy was it easy to shred! I'll be doing that from now on!!


   I was out of chili powder so I substituted Taco Seasoning & I added Cumin because I love that spice! I mixed my marinade in a bowl, then added my shredded chicken!  I put it in a zip lock baggie in the fridge for 5 hours.



  Then I poured my 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce into my baking dish & mixed together the remaining sauce & 2% milk in a bowl. (I don't keep heavy cream in the house & it was snowing, so I substituted!) I didn't have any remaining marinade (next time I'll double the marinade recipe I think) to mix in the sauce.  




  I then combine my chicken mixture, some cheese & a little bit of the milk/enchilada sauce in a bowl.  I filled my tortillas shells with the chicken mixture, rolled them up and lined my baking dish with them! I then poured the remaining sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkled with the remaining cheese! 

Ella playing with her toys on the fridge with a tortilla in her mouth while I cook- this girl LOVES tortillas!




  It looks yummy!! We will be baking this & having it for dinner tonight! Along with some refried beans and rice! A little Mexican fiesta in Minnesota!~   

     I hope you get a chance to make these one night!  Super easy freezer meal too! And great to bring over to someones house that is sick, swamped, or just had a baby!  Great meal to feed to a big crowd! In fact my mom friends & I have started our "meal exchange" back up and this is what I made for them!! So 4 batches & then I get 3 yummy meals from them! Makes cooking for the week easy! And it's a nice variety from the same old things I typically cook! Jon & I can now say we like an Indian food dish! 

   This is what we had to deal with yesterday!  About 3 inches! It did make everything look so pretty for a while! 


Why does it always have to snow momma??

Have a great start to your week!! And I should let you know that my new "adventurous" self ate fried tofu & a jalapeno pepper that was hotter than Hades over the weekend!  Go me! Ha!




1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great dish to serve at a Super Bowl Party!! Think I might do that! Love that Baby who is about to turn 1! Where did the year go?
    Nana loves you Ella

    ReplyDelete