Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Happy LATE New Year

  Happy New Year to you all!! (Ok- I'm 23 days late but at least I'm saying it) I hope you all had a fun and blessed Christmas's like we did! After we recovered from the nasty flu we all shared, we played with or toys, started planning/decorating our house & got back into the swing of things!

    As we being this new year I have decided to make a few resolutions myself besides the typical "lose 5 lbs."  My resolutions  include:
1-  Blogging 3 times a week, even if it's just a short little blip.  And make one of those blogs a recipe!
2-  Spending more "hands free" time with my daughter (i.e. cell phone & IPad off)
3-  Be a more generous & giving individual
4-  Be more adventurous in my cooking & eating habits!

   Hopefully I can make these things happen

  Well it's been forever since I've blogged so I'll update you on Jon, Ella & I's lives!


          Ella is almost 1... I can barely believe it! Where did the time go?! She truly is the most joyful, fun and silly little girl around! She has started walking around the house, but still prefers to crawl most of the time as she is much faster this way. She recently got 3 new top teeth for a total of 5 (which she loves to brush). She has expanded her vocabulary to say "duck" and can now shake her head "no"(which Jon loves) when she doesn't want something, she gives open mouth kisses & hugs, she can give high fives & show you where her tongue & bebo are (belly button for those of you who haven't read the Bebo Book)!  She loves to read books and has her 3 favorites with her at all times. We recently started going to a local rec center once a week where Ella loves to play with their toys, play dress up, jump on the trampoline & the bounce house, and push shopping carts around the room with the other kids.  It's fun to see her interact with her friends!
We LOVE to read & flip the pages! Peak A Boo books are our favorite!

My little bath Owl :) 

Ready to go play!

What? I'm not gonna sit still for pictures mommy

We love to go to the aquarium & look at the fish! 

Sting Rays!! 

Bed Head

Being a Dr just like daddy, Papa & Auntie K

Ready to go swimming in my bikini

Does this make my butt look big? 



Pull to sound alarm.... just kidding, I only chew on these things. 

It's a rough life, but somebody has go to live it

   Jon is busy working away.  During his fellowship he submitted an outline for a research paper to be displayed at an Interventional conference and it was accepted, he recently finished this big project! Whew! He has planned a trip to Cali in the spring to practice his arterial skills in a lab with some IR company called Gore.  He also informed me that he only has 22 weeks left of his fellowship which he is both nervous & excited about! Time flies when you're having fun I guess.... Jon loves to read and play with Ella when he gets home and on the weekends!  She even started letting him put her to bed at night, which he cherishes!  Night time snuggles are THE BEST! It's pretty much the only time she will sit still and cuddle during the day, aside from a few hugs here & there.

  I've kept myself busy practicing how to make different types of bread, baking, and cooking new recipes!  I still hang out with my mom friends 2-3 times a week, which is time Ella & I love! I've started to gather decorating "ideas" for our new house and am super excited to do some DIY projects once the weather gets warmer!  I bought the perfect dresser to re-do at the church rummage sale! Super excited! I think my addiction to Houzz is just as bad as my addiction to Pinterest. Other than that my days are spent loving on and playing with Miss E! Which is the best way to spend a day! 

We got a front door!! Woo hoo!! 

Homemade pizza night! 
Pistachio Cranberry Biscotti

Loaf of French Bread

Cinnamon Rolls (just imagine the smell...ahhh)
Chillin, chillin minding my business 



Ready for Oklahoma!  Got my cowgirl boots on!! 

Enjoy your day! Thanks for reading!

   - Jenny




1 comment:

  1. Nana is more than ready for you to come to Oklahoma!!! Miss you everyday!!

    ReplyDelete