Sunday, December 9, 2012

Friends Make the Season Bright

I love Christmas time (as I previously stated in my last entry)!! And one of the things I love the most is spending time with friends and family!  Well- our families get to see us in 6 days, and we just spent a wonderful& relaxing Friday afternoon eating Christmas cookies and playing with our great friends! Our Minneapolis friends have made our Christmas season bright!

When I first moved to Minneapolis I thought "how am I ever going to meet some friends?" I had such wonderful friends in Chicago- but with everyone's fellowships in different areas we were all scattered to different parts of the country! The first few weeks were loong and lonely, but with the help of Ella & an online mom's group.....success was had! I met four of the most wonderful, supportive, creative, thoughtful and helpful mom's in Minneapolis! L, S, A & C! They have truly made the past 6 months and my transition here very easy & natural- in fact it will be extremely hard to say goodbye to them! We do meal exchanges, afternoon play dates at each others home where we share our favorite foods & talented cooking skills, we go to Sealife at the Mall of America (an aquarium), we work out together at Lifetime, we take our babies to music classes and we love a good girls night out (complete with wine of course)!  But most importantly we experience everything motherhood has to offer with each other- the good, the bad, and the nasty (smells)! They have helped me through some dark times and always bring a smile to mine & Ella's faces! I love what talents, creativity & vibe each of them brings to our "group." I am thankful for all of them!!
Cute mommas & their cute babies @ Sea Life


Oh- and did I mention their adorable & lovely babies?! I love their little ones and so does Ella! They are full of spunk, smiles, drool and energy! They crawl around & pull on each other & play very well together! I feel like I've seen each of them "grow" over the months as some have started talking, walking & sitting up on their own! Each of them has their own special personality, which is so amazing to continually see grow & change.  They are Ella's bestest friends and bring joy to my heart! They make our days so FUN!

Playtime silliness! 

Loving some yummy bread!

Such a sweet snuggled he is!

Best friends at music class

Super Baby with her super curly hair!

Another super baby! 

Growing into a man- trying to watch TV

On another note we had our first real snow here in Minneapolis. 8+ inches and possibly more tonight. We decided to take Ella out in it after her nap, after all she has a snow suit & snow boots!  At first she was not really impressed but after a tasting, feelings & sitting in the snow- I think she decided she liked it!  Mommy & Daddy however--are less than impressed because all this snow means bad traffic, bad roads & bad traveling! But it is really pretty! 
I can barely move mom

What is this stuff? 

Yummy- it's nice and cold

Ok people- I like it! 

Ella & Daddy walking out in the snow for the first time

Ella turned 10 months this past week! 10 whole months we've gotten to experience the energizing joy that is Ella! We apparently celebrated with ice cream, as Ella decided that she was going to share mommy & daddy's Salted Caramel Yogurt! Pretty sure she ate like 1/4 of the container! Loving ice cream like her mommy! She talks more everyday, but she speaks "Ella" language right now. Aside from Da-da & Ba-ba I can't make anything out! We continue to work on Ma-ma...but we just aren't there yet! She's still into everything and really enjoys playing with other kids! She's learning to share and always offers her gooey/drooly food to people, such a thoughtful little one! She love Elmo...if we are fussy, tired, cranky or sad--- put on an Elmo video & snap = happy Ella jumping & dancing! It's great! We are attending "Sesame Street Live" in January here with our mom friends & kiddos! It should be very entertaining! 
I think I'll eat this! Looks tasty! 

I like edamame like mommy too! 

I've got style people

Bright & Sunny in Minneapolis (this was before the snow storm)

Hey everybody- I'm 10 months! 

Happy Girl


Want some waffle? It's really good!


So that's been our past week! Lots of fun with our wonderful friends- lots of fun in the snow and always lots of fun playing!!   Tis the Season to be Jolly!! Enjoy your friends and family!!





No comments:

Post a Comment