Monday, August 6, 2012

What a CRAZY 6 Months

        Well- it's official! Ella Lillian Kirkland is 6 months old today, I can't believe it's been 6 whole months since my smiley, laughing, stinker came into this world!  I still remember that day so well! I remember how tiny she was when they handed her to me!  And she's still a peanut today- Ella weighs 15lbs 3ounces and is 25 inches tall!  We are hanging out in the 25-50% in weight & 15-30% in height!


I can measure myself people!!
Ella is full of laughter (she gets the biggest laughs when you call her stinky), smiles, toots (like her daddy of course), drool, and energy!!  Like I said- she loves to be called stinky or told she has smelly feet (which I assure you she does not), she loves to feed herself, she loves to splash & kick in the bathtub, and now she loves jumping in her jumper (she can finally touch the ground with her toes)!  She loves to wiggle, roll & push herself around the room (baby gates & baby proofing are happening ASAP) and she loves to eat paper! Give this girl a piece of paper and she will be entertained for at least 20 minutes (or until she eats it, so she must be supervised)! She brings such joy to our lives!! She's my little buddy during the day while daddy is at work and loves running errands! I can't remember what our life was like before 6 months ago?? (Well it was filled with a little bit more sleep)
Yum Yum Yum

I LOVE to eat & feed myself

I can touch on my tippy toes!! Bounce Bounce Bounce I go.....

Jon was off this past weekend and we all took full advantage of the beautiful weather here! 80 Saturday & 76 Sunday--- it was gorgeous!! We went to the U of M campus and saw where Jon worked, Ella even dazzled a few of his co-workers.  We took walks, ate our dinners outside, enjoyed a music festival, did a mini photo shoot outside and we went to Costco (the greatest place on earth)!! And even better than Costco- we found a Pei Wei close by us!! Jon is in heaven! We may never leave!   No, we will leave- in fact Jon accepted a job in Tulsa, so we will be moving back to the great state of Oklahoma next summer (if it survives the fires) and praying we bring this glorious weather (and Costco) with us!! 
So apparently this outfit isn't going to fit at Christmas time- so we decided to take "Christmas in August" pictures! She LOVED it!! (maybe that's because I made Jon buy her a present just like it was Christmas)


I love my daddy- he's so funny! I love to make him smile at me!

BOOMER SOONER!!! 

I can read X-Rays too! 

BOOMER



I'm a big girl now!  (insert mommys sad face)








No comments:

Post a Comment